Posted by DutchGlory on Sunday 31 May 2009
How to install and setup:
Fast and Quick setup..!!
- Download This zip file and unpack to c:\
- Read the README file before starting up
- Run bin\opensim.exe (as admin)
1. Go to Opensimulator.org viewgit to get the latest repository (top one) or use GIT to get it and compile with “Visual C# Express 2010″.
For Linux, Debian is the best choice
2. Create a “Openim” folder in “C:\”
3. unpack .zip file (viewgit) or git source to “OpenSim”
4. go trough the configuration files and change settings (advanced users)
5. compile with Visual Studio 2010 or with .NET framework 4.xx
(See “runprebuild2010.cmd” and “compile.cmd” (Download). Check path’s )
6. Run opensim.exe in bin folder
• Create a .cmd fille in “c:\opensim\bin\” (pointing to .exe file).
• Create a shortcut on your desktop to the .cmd file, turn on “run as admin”.
• Add “Opensim.exe.config” to the bin folder, it will put script engine messages in a separate “xengine.log” file. Ideal for debugging.
7. Install “MySQL”. Here is a video tutorial on how to install MySQL and configure it for Opensimulator “Stand Alone”mode…
Open Simulator can be used to build/test off-line, no need to log in to “Second Life”, or go to sandboxes, with lag and greefers.
If you want a sim for FREE with osgrid servers…install this…
Posted in Open Simulator | Tagged: 3ds Max, Building, import, scripting, Second Life | 1 Comment »
Posted by DutchGlory on Tuesday 5 February 2008
My latest project I’m working with 3D studio Max and “windy Weather” script.
You can also use Gmax, see links or with 3ds Max 2008-2013.
This script is Absolutely the best….!!!!!
Want to create object with hole? or a wedge? just select the object in 3ds and change parameters….
When you build it in-world, this object will be created exactly the same, just look at the (flickr) pictures…
Now i will tell step by step how to work to build with 3d Max and build it is Second Life….
1. First buy the importer and 3Ds max script here Second Life Marketplace – “3D STUDIO MAX SCRIPT + IMPORT”
and unzip the zip file to a folder on your PC.
2. Now copy all files to “…\3dMax\scripts\Startup” (look on your pc where 3dmax was installed).
This is Part one “Setup your design”
This is Part two “Begin building”
This is Part Three “Export prim data to .txt files”
This is Part four “Import prim data in to Second Life and build your design”
(downloading video’s can be very slow, sorry)
(green=”Green Arrow” red=”Red Arrow” used in this tutorial)
3. Now startup 3D Max
4. Now… click the first tab (green) and choose “Second Life” from the list (red) this is the script…..
5. Now click “SlPrim2″ (red) to create your first prim.
6. Choose one of the available prims for example a box. (Red)
Page 1 2 3
Posted in Export from 3Ds Max to Second Life or Os Grid.. | Tagged: 3ds Max, Building, Games, import, scripting, Second Life, tools | 5 Comments »