Posted by DutchGlory on Sunday 31 May 2009
Sync Skydrive ANYWARE!!! – Please Join by clicking image..
(Windows, Linux Mac)
How to install and setup:
Go to Opensimulator.org viewgit to get the latest repository (top one) or use GIT to get it. For Linux, Debian is the best choice.
- Create a “Openim” folder in “C:\”
- Unpack .zip file or git source to “OpenSim” folder
- go trough the configuration files and change settings (or download “configuration package”) and compile with .NET framework 4.xx
- Install “MySQL”. Here is a video tutorial on how to install MySQL and configure it for Opensimulator “Stand Alone”mode…
- Run opensim.exe in bin folder
configuration package: (compatible with r/23318 and newer) Download
NOTE: Chane MySQL connection string and UUID keys in all files..!!
Generate UUID key with “UUID Generator“
If you want a sim FOR FREE ONLINE… Go here…
Posted in Open Simulator | Tagged: 3ds Max, Building, import, scripting, Second Life | 1 Comment »
Posted by DutchGlory on Tuesday 5 February 2008
My latest project I’m working with 3D studio Max and “windy Weather” script.
You can also use Gmax, see links or with 3ds Max 2008-2013.
This script is Absolutely the best….!!!!!
Want to create object with hole? or a wedge? just select the object in 3ds and change parameters….
When you build it in-world, this object will be created exactly the same, just look at the (flickr) pictures…
Now i will tell step by step how to work to build with 3d Max and build it is Second Life….
1. First buy the importer and 3Ds max script here Second Life Marketplace – “3D STUDIO MAX SCRIPT + IMPORT”
and unzip the zip file to a folder on your PC.
2. Now copy all files to “…\3dMax\scripts\Startup” (look on your pc where 3dmax was installed).
This is Part one “Setup your design”
This is Part two “Begin building”
This is Part Three “Export prim data to .txt files”
This is Part four “Import prim data in to Second Life and build your design”
(downloading video’s can be very slow, sorry)
(green=”Green Arrow” red=”Red Arrow” used in this tutorial)
3. Now startup 3D Max
4. Now… click the first tab (green) and choose “Second Life” from the list (red) this is the script…..
5. Now click “SlPrim2″ (red) to create your first prim.
6. Choose one of the available prims for example a box. (Red)
Page 1 2 3
Posted in Export from 3Ds Max to Second Life or Os Grid.. | Tagged: 3ds Max, Building, Games, import, scripting, Second Life, tools | 5 Comments »